About

Who We Are

Founder/President

Programs

Training

Testimonials

Funding

Partnership Locations

Contact

PROGRAMS - K–12 Life Learning Partnerships

F.A.M.E. Musiclink Scholarship Program

This regional partnership identifies students between the ages 6–18 who have a serious interest in studying music and also show a financial need. The F.A.M.E. Foundation pays for approximately 75% of the cost of musical study. The remaining 25% is paid by the student’s family. The Musiclink Foundation is a nationally recognized non-profit organization and is a highly regarded network of music teachers. This organization also has the ability to assist with the donation of musical instruments and the completion and tracking of applications. The F.A.M.E. Foundation began this program in February of 2001. This regional partnership allows youth in Southern Arizona to receive:

* Weekly music lessons
* Bi-monthly leadership sessions and musical master classes

F.A.M.E. PPEP Musiclink Partnership

This regional partnership is a combination of efforts from the F.A.M.E. Foundation, Musiclink Foundation, and the PPEP TEC Charter School system. PPEP TEC (Portable Practical Educational Preparation) is an organization serving Southern Arizona with multiple programs, one of them being their 13 Charter Schools in rural and inner city areas. Their charter schools have received national acclaim for academic excellence. PPEP Inc. was established by Dr. John Arnold in 1968 and is dedicated to improving life in rural Arizona through a wide array of services. In 1998, the Kellogg Foundation awarded PPEP TEC’s 13 charter high schools $500,000 to provide a technology-assisted educational opportunity for over 1,000 rural high school students and their families. The youth served are at-risk urban and migrant youth. The F.A.M.E. Foundation began the integration of Life Learning Techniques in February of 2002 for three of the thirteen charter high schools (Tucson, San Luis, and Somerton, Arizona). During the 2002 – 2003, this pilot became a permanent part of PPEP’s vision for the youth they serve. In the future, F.A.M.E., PPEP, and Musiclink hope to expand services to all 13 charter schools and in doing so create a replicable educational model for charter schools throughout our country.

The classes F.A.M.E. Foundation brings to this partnership include:

Weekly Champion Vision Leadership Mentoring Classes
, which focus on:

Developing a sense of purpose
Developing Dreams/Future Achievements
Charting progress with goal-setting
Financial Literacy
Personality Recognition
Resume Crafting
Job Interview Preparation

Weekly Zone Accelerated Learning Sessions, which focus on:
Either English limited proficiency students or for accelerated learning in other academic areas. Relaxation, breathing, affirmation, and visualization techniques are used to relax the body and alert the mind. A lowered heart rate and focused mind become the “normal” state of body and mind when engaged in learning. Natural by-products include lowered stress, increased energy, improved anger management, and improved health.

Monthly Distance Learning Sessions
This component brings monthly multi-cultural concerts to multiple PPEP TEC charter schools via “live” teleconferencing units in place. This technology is also used to bring F.A.M.E.’s Champion Vision mentoring classes to multiple schools. Finally this technology is also being used to bring a web-based music discussion forum to multiple schools. Most of the schools are in remote rural areas and without this technology, the PPEP students would not have access to any of the concerts or classes being brought to them.

Weekly Group Visual Art Classes
Approximately 25 students per site are guided by a certified Art instructor in the basic’s of visual Art and culminating in several large group projects, such as life size murals. The larger projects are created in
a portable manner, so that in the future, if PPEP schools change locations, the Artwork can be taken
with them to the new sites.

Weekly Group Guitar Classes
Approximately 10 students per site study guitar in a group.
Both individual and ensemble techniques are explored.

Documentation of Outcomes takes place in three areas:

1) English Language Classes (compared to national norms)
a. Vocabulary Tests
b. Comprehension Tests

2) Champion Vision Classes
a. Link a percentage of students to community leaders
b. Qualitative responses from students

3) General Retention
a. Graduation rates of those students involved in classes
b. Keeping track of a percentage of students after graduation via email.